Mysterious Text Messages

My hubby has been getting these msgs from someone...happy valentines day...and this morning it was thinking of you...missing u..love you! So of course he deny's knowing who it is...calls the number back and "leaves a message" yelling to the person to stop texting him. I've been calling the number but getting no answer. If he's having an affair not sure when he does it cause all of his time is accounted for. What should I do? I'm pissed at him!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband gets weird random text messages too sometimes. And no amount of calling the number would get them to stop. We don't have the ability to block just one number so we called the company and they gave us a huge amount of text message credits to cover the expense. Turns out it was a kid or couple of kids. I get calls and messages from a lot of different people thinking I'm someone else. The weird random voice mails are the best, especially when it's this one woman with a thick accent leaving me long love messages.

I guess if you are really suspicious you could check the phone record and see if he has been texting this person back. Honestly though, it's probably just a wrong number.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:42 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Well, this happened to me, so I know text mssgs are sometimes a way of making someone look guilty but they aren't. I recieved quite a few myself, (didn't have a return phone #) asking me to visit their website, they loved me, wouldn't it be great to get together again, etc.. I have no idea how to stop it because I don't have a #, and I am not guilty of a thing.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• He's having something on the side, she already knows the # that's why she won't answer. You need to go to the paystubs, make sure 40 hr are really 40 hr. My fwb did that, we would see each other before he went to work, some times the whole morning was spent in bed. He had one of the pay as you go phones so #'s were not tracked. Then check the phone bill, look for a # that called on the way to work and on the way home from work, there is a set time in which calls are made, so not to be noticed during family time. I'm sorry, hope this helps you find what you need to find.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Maybe someone has a phone number very similar to his, maybe a couple of numbers switched around, and this person is dialing the wrong number. I had this problem for a while, my cell ends with 9969, and someone was trying to call 9699, but they kept calling my number. It really freaked me out, b/c it was this guy in prison and he kept insisting I was his girlfriend. I guess she wrote the number down wrong for him or something.

Do you really think he's cheating? If you do, then just keep watching and see if the texting continues, check the phone bill, all the things people usually suggest to catch a cheater. If you don't really think he's cheating, then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and see what happens. Just be careful about accusing, some people start to feel if they're going to be accused of something, then they might as well go do it.

Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:28 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My husband got a text once that said "heyyy Youuu" and I thought that was weird because no one he knows would type like that. It sounded girly and suspicious to me. So I used his phone and texted back "Who is this" and she texted back "Hannah, who is this?" which to me said that she had no idea who she was texting. It had to be a wrong number. It's possible that your hubby is telling the truth. I'd try to get more proof of wrong doing before you get too angry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• A friend of mine has gotten some pretty strange texts on her phone, and I know she's done nothing! "Missing you" that kind of stuff. It's either a wrong number (transposed) or kids thinking they're funny! They don't realize the havoc they can cause with this crap!

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• If it has only happened a couple times, I can believe it is a mistake in the other person's dialing. If it is often, and he calls, yells, and it still happens I'd be worried about a set up. Did you try to do a reverse phone look up with the number to get a name? You can do it for free--google it. I'd keep looking. You may think all time is accounted for, but sad to say if there is a will there is a way. I hope it is just a joke or mis-dialed numbers.  What does your gut tell you?  Have there been trust and cheating issues before?  Don't talk yourself out of not looking into this because sometimes, as women, we know.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• It might be a psycho either he befriended or did do something in the past with. If all his time is accounted for and your sure I'ld say nut job. To be sure though either have a friend call the number or you call it blocked by dialing *67
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2009