How many ounces of formula does your 10 month old drink a day?

My son Cayden will be 10 months on August 5th...He was drinking between 20-28oz of formula a day up til last week! Now he only gets between 12-16oz! He is REFUSING his bottles, and sippy cups! When we went to his 9 month check up, the doctor told me that he should be getting three 8oz bottles of formula a day...I just want to make sure he is getting enough formula and staying hydrated! He is peeing, just to get that out there! How many ounces of formula does your 10 month old get a day?

SBarbaresi

Asked by SBarbaresi at 6:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is almost 10 months old and he gets around 25 to 30 oz of formula per day depending on appetite. We also give him about 4 oz of juice/water. Is your son eating foods with high moisture content? Do you feed before the bottle? This can affect liquid intake. Think about vitamin supplements - formula has vitamin enrichment, but many solid foods do not. If his urine is very dark in color he may be dehydrated. I might suggest a bottle before feeding to make sure fullness does not reduce his interest.
    Kellygrrl

Answer by Kellygrrl at 7:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2008

• My 10 month old was drinking only about 20 oz per day- but that was all he ever drank- lol. He was eating 3 meals a day, plus 4 oz of juice/water. As he gets older- he will start needing less formula- more food and and water. You can call you doc and ask- but I think he is fine. I agree with feeding him a bottle before meals to make sure he gets the nutrients from the formula! Good Luck!!
    cmlowery

Answer by cmlowery at 7:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2008

• I do offer him a bottle before his meals, and he REFUSES it! Its not that he is full, he just doesnt want to drink whatsoever! Teething, maybe?
    SBarbaresi

Answer by SBarbaresi at 8:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2008