Ovulation question

Is it possible to ovulate on day 23-24 of a 29 day cycle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• yes. Some people ovulate really late, which can make it difficult to get pregnant. If you are TTC I'd talk to your doc.
    Anonymous

• Hi! I was a Medical Assistant a few yrs ago and now am into insurance but when I was a n MA I worked with women trying to concieve. What you do is count 12-14 days after the first day of your last menst. cycle. You concieve during that time...it is best to have intercourse on the 11th-the 14th day as the sperm lasts only 72 hours in your body. Hope this helps and good luck!

-Traci
    Traci1993

Answer by Traci1993 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• According to my OB/GYN, a woman ovulates 14 days from the date of her next period. It's not necessarily day 14, but 14 days from the next one. It depends on what your cycles are though as to the actual day number.
    Anonymous

• 14 days is a standard doctors use, but it isn't necessarily true for all women. We aren't all made the same, and our bodies don't act in a "standard" way. It is very possible to ovulate late. Maybe next cycle try using OPKs. (ovulation predictor kits) They will give you a heads up 24-36 hours before you ovulate. This way you will have a better idea what your body is doing.
    Anonymous