5 weeks pregnant and bleeding during sex.

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and started bleeding while having sex with my boyfriend last night. It was red blood and I read that sometimes contact with the cervix can make you bleed like you would a period. I had no cramping and it wasn't heavy bleeding. I also read that you can bleed from implantation. Help someone. Has anyone experienced this? I feel fine today and now it's just occasional spotting which I've heard is normal around the time you are supposed to have your period.

Blee89

Asked by Blee89 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the same experience. It happened in my 6th and 7th weeks though. It happened after my hubby and I had sex. I was spotting pink/red blood. No cramping or anything of the sort. you wouldn't be having implantation bleeding because you already went through all that. You could've irritated your cervix. But I wouldn't have sex now until you see your doctor for reference. I went into my doctors office when I had the bleeding to make sure I wasn't going through another miscarriage. I would call your doctors office just for peace of mind. It could've been an irritation as well... Good Luck

ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i am 5 weeks to and if i was to bleed while having sex then i would not do it
    brittanysmom87

Answer by brittanysmom87 at 8:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• when i was ten weeks that happened to me i went the the doctor who sent for a wheel chair i spent the next oh say 2 1/2 weeks in the hospital and was told no more sex aka pelvic rest hell im 17 weeks now and still on it im not even allowed to exercise out side of the pool lol but it gets better in time im now in my second trimester my bleeding was actully do to an r h factor and this is my first pregnany i had to get the shot and everything eles crazy lol but definitly go to an ob if you dont already have one if you look in the yellow pages.com and look up midwifery you can get some good references from them but its sounds like your gonna need alot of early prenatel care like me well good luck to you and your little one
    SarahRandall

Answer by SarahRandall at 2:30 AM on Mar. 16, 2009