so i was watching law & order last night ... it was about a girl who got pregnant ... question : ...

ok so i didnt watch all of it bc i missed the begginning ... anyhoo when I turned it on a girl w/ down syndrom was pregnant ... and her mom told her she was getting an abortion ... then the detective came in and said she didn't have to , but the mom said shes not stable bla bla bla ... (idk if it was from rape or what , like i said i missed the beginning)

if you had a child w/ downs what would you do?

me (if i would EVER had a child like that) i would want their reproductive parts removed ASAP! ... before this stuff could even happen ... that poor baby would have to grow up w/ a parent who does have a 'normal brain' , whom is a child like them

my ex's sister has downs and she knows ALOT about sex , she always told her mom things she did in her school (thats filled w/ other children -in their 30's- like her) ... about things that happened in the bathroom ... it was disgusting!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• I watched that episode last night, the girl was raped and that's why she was pregnant.

I have a special needs child and frankly I think your attitude is a little absurd. Their reproductive parts removed ASAP? Are you serious?? How would you have any clue how high-functioning they could grow up to be? There are people with disabilities who with the proper help and support are fully capable of taking care of children.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 10:35 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i would want them removed bc you don't know what could happen ... and they're not capable of understanding wth happened or whats going to happen ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I think you are very close minded and personally i am GLAD you dont have special needs child... i think ANYONE can be good parent.. they may need etra help.. but just becuase they have spec ial needs does not mean they do not desrve the love of a child .. raped or not.. i understand it was tv but in real life a specila needs person is still a person.. and "Normal brain" geez i have bipolar does that mean i shouldnt have my kids... your attitude sickens me
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• You can't look at a disabled child and say what they will and won't understand when they grow up...that's absurd.  There are plenty of high functioning people with disabilities who are perfectly capable of understanding what is going on.  And there are plenty of crappy parents who don't have a disability at all.

aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 10:39 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• What exactly is a "normal brain" anyways? That's a laugh!
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 10:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• ive seeen that one ya it was supposed to be a rape by her boss and she was over 18 and if my child proved she could take care of the baby then ok if not then i would suggest adopotion not abortion
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• And even though it was just a damn TV show, if you paid attention at all the girl had an apartment with her boyfriend, a job, and was found competent to raise a child. So even using the TV show as an example to back up your ridiculous idea fails miserably.

aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 10:42 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• aurorabunny --- as i said i didnt see the beginning so i turned it after 5 minutes bc i wanted to see the start of the program ... and im not using a show to back it up , i just seen that and wanted to ask a question ... thought i would give a backround to how i came up w/ the question ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Ever watch the movie Sam I am? It's based on a true story. That is sad to want and remove someones reproductive parts.

Anonymous

• Well if you want to wax intellectual on the subject maybe you should go watch the ENTIRE episode first.

aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 10:51 AM on Mar. 14, 2009