• In the Spotlight:

SWOLLEN ANKLES!!!

Hey everyone!! I am almost 22 weeks pregnant and my feet and ankles are always swollen. All day yesturday all I did was sit with my feet up but as soon as I would try to walk around it felt like I was walking on water balloons. When I got home from work I was getting ready to go out with the family and I looked down at my feet an they weren't swollen at all but my ankles were a little so I just barely touched the side of them and within seconds (my ankles not my feet at all) looked like softballs they were HUGE! I propped them up right that second but it didn't help at all!! I woke up this morning and they are still HUGE.. I can't just sit back and rest I work all day everyday what in the world do I do!! And what could cause it. I don't have sick days or anything I couldn't take of work if I begged!! So how can I help it without just resting!

dixieQT

Asked by dixieQT at 10:45 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• heating pads also reduce your salt intake and talk to your dr
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• everything got swollen when I was pregnant too, it sucked. The only thing the doctor told me to do was to lay down and put them on top of a pillow.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 11:03 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Take two water bottles and fill them with tap water then freeze them. Once frozen sit on the couch and put the bottles where your feet are and roll the bottoms of your feet over them. I had major swelling and this helped so much!!

Good luck, I know it's miserable, but it will get better.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• watch how much salt you eat because the salt makes your feet swollen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I used Aromatherapy when I was pregnant.
    PEDIBATH: This is a delicate combination of salts, carbonates and natural plants is ideal to revitalize the skin while providing the right amount of mineral salts to soften calluses and rough skin. In addition, these salts relax tired legs and feet thanks to the oxygen, which is released upon making contact with water.
    Benefits Attributed to the Ingredients: Refresh feet and legs instantly.
    Provide a feeling of calming sensation and enhanced sense of well being.
    Uses: Ideal to relax tired, swollen, and aching feet and legs.
    After a foot bath you can apply some PEDICREAM , is ideal for a relaxing foot massage since feet have nerve endings that are connected to different parts of the body.
    http://carolina-whitmore.swissjust-usa.com
    carolina.whitmore@yahoo.com
    YoungSwiss

Answer by YoungSwiss at 11:23 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• drink lots more water and watch the sodium in take (mostly found in salt) i find if i eat too late at night my hands in the morning tight a bit so i just get some water or some orange juice and it goes down
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 12:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• the reason why I was getting so swollen was not just cause of pregnancy but cause of the 500 mg of high blood pressure medication I had to take every 4 hours, side effects were weight gain and getting swollen, my worst nightmare:/ after I had my son and I stopped taking that medication it went away so fast.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 3:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2009