Is the economy affecting your 18+?

Is your child easily finding a job or having difficulty???

njt320

Asked by njt320 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• right now where we are it is hard for anyone too find work young or old lots of people are doing temp work just too get some type of income
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 3:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Yes, definitely. My oldest and his gf are trying to get an apt. but its so expensive.
    sunidayz

Answer by sunidayz at 7:40 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Yes, my son lost his $80,000 a year job and is doing part time work. It has been a big adjustment for him.
    Anonymous

• I have an 18 yr old grandson who is having trouble finding a job and a 19 yr old who keeps forgetting to go look for one.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• adm--that is funny about the 19 year old:-))))
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• DD is 22 y/o, is working full-time, doesn't really like the job, thinking about going back to school. DS is 18 y/o, in college, now. Times are tough, education is the key.
    dorothyn22

Answer by dorothyn22 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2009

• admckenzie, LOL hahahahahahah about the 19 year old...hmmm my daughter seems to be the same. I have been getting so angry about it, but if I had only known she is simply "forgetting", maybe I wouldn't be so mad at her!!!!

Thanks for the laugh....I lose my sense of humor with her sometimes.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• My middle son was laid off. He moved back home (which took some adjusting to) and began to re-tool. He finished a few classes and struck out again to find a job. He found a job that offers benefits. I think the whole thing is that you have to be willing to take some classes and add to your resume. In the interim, be willing to do anything if it is sweeping floors or flipping burgers. All work, no matter what it is, is honorable. There should be nothing we are "too good" to do when eating is at stake!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2009

• My son was blessed with graduating right into this mess,he can't find a job and depends on me for everything.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2009

• YES!!!! He has applied everywhere, and can not even get a call back for an interview. He has no idea what he wants to do with his life....it has been a struggle.
    FoxyLady42

Answer by FoxyLady42 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2009