Any piece of Maternity clothing you just can't live without?

This is my second pregnancy. With my first we didn't have much money so I just got by with a few things added what I already had. I was miserable and felt dumpy everyday. I'm looking for maternity clothes now but I don't want to buy something if I'm not ever going to wear it.

What was your favorite thing and where did you get it? I need some good tips!!!

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i like my tank tops i get all mine from motherhod maternity that is my favorite store but it is a bitpricey sometimes
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I agree with the tank tops; I found a lot of maternity tops were too low to wear without a tank underneath (a lot of them were so low you could see my bra if I didn't wear a tanktop!). I work in an office, so stretchy pants in black or kahki were pretty important too. I had a great pair of comfy kahki capris for my days off. Comfy shoes that go with most everything are also a must. I think it also depends on if you are staying home or working, and also what type of climate and season or seasons you will be dealing with.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:30 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Well, my daughter found some really good jeans. They seem to last her quite a while. I'm not sure what to recommend.. I felt so yucky during my pregnancies. I would just suggest a really good pair of shoes, T-shirts, jeans, shorts, maybe a sundress or two. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• A pair of jogging bottoms my mum gave me that were hers. They are so loose and stay on and do not hurt what so ever. I love them. I wouldn't be able to get through this without them. haha
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• draw sting sleep pants over sized so they don't bug at night lol most of mines no longer have those strings now hahaha
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 12:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I liked my sundresses for the summer, and I am usually not a dress person but July in southern FL they worked great, they were comfy and I felt like a cute pregnant woman. I wore tank tops ALOT as well, but I actually found that the tank tops at old navy worked better for me because they were longer then my maternity ones??? I just bought the size larger than normal (they stretch really well)...not to mention they are cheaper. And another lil thing that I had and LOVED was my bella band (you can google it) . I think you can find similar things at target now. But it worked great in the awkward stages (before you were quite into maternity clothes, or post pregnancy before you were back in regular clothes) It also worked great to hold in and smooth out the jiggly belly (after birth) until you could tone it back up.
    Anonymous

• old navy has really good and cheap maternity clothes. jeans or shorts are around 20.00 and shirts are around 10-15.00. you can also go online and get some deals on there website. i shop old navy because i can not afford wal-mart
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 2:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• If you don't want to waste your money on early pregnancy maternaty pants, get the bella band, I'm in my 2nd trimester with my second child. (I'm huge compared to what I was pre-pregnancy. I used to wear a 0 now i barely fit in a 6). Deff ger the bella band.
    Mrs.Sleeter

Answer by Mrs.Sleeter at 2:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• my bella band it has saved me so much,i got it and belly baby and beyond it holds up my stomack and pushes it back to give me some support and the back pain isnt bad infact its little to none when i wear it it looks like a tank bottom it comes in differant colors styles and sizes to and you can wear it all throughout your pregnancy every day if you what and in early pregnancy it helped me hind my bump from friends and co-workers well up until 3 monthes when i popped out and couldnt hind it anymore plus i got to wear my favorit jeans a while longer lol
    SarahRandall

Answer by SarahRandall at 3:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My pregnancy belt. It's great, I can keep my jeans I always wear and the belt makes them fit..I LOVE THIS BELT..

babymomma4

Answer by babymomma4 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2009