Where can you find surgical steel earrings?

I am allergic to every other kind of metal and I can't find surgical steel earrings in department stores.

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Have you tried the brand of earrings called "Whispers" They do not contain nickel, which is one the most known irritants that causes allergic reactions. I'm not sure what stores carry them, and I'm not sure if they are surgical steel, but I do know they are hypo-allergenic. I have the same problem and even 14k gold earrings can bother my ears because of the nickel it contains.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Look into palladium.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I get them from Claire's, Icing, and Hot Topic. I am allergic to gold and I prefer some crazy looking earrings so I opt to go to those three places. Also Wal-Mart sells some hypoallergenic brand that my mom always gets me.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 7:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Nickel free you get them at wal-mart i have the same problem and thats what i buy
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 8:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I've tried the things mentioned (not the palladium tho) and I'm allergic to all. The only thing I have tried that doesn't make my ears swell, turn red, and pus up is surgical steel.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look at the mall.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I ordered from www.wear-earrings-again.com. I am allergic to gold and nickel and these products are niobum and titanium, completely allergy free! So excited to be able to wear earrings and have them not drive me crazy.
    teampinupgirls

Answer by teampinupgirls at 9:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• body piercing parlors can also hep you get surgical steel earrings
    breebers

Answer by breebers at 8:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• I was also having trouble finding pretty surgical steel earrings so started making my own: http://www.prettysensitive.weebly.com Check it out!
    addnama

Answer by addnama at 8:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2009