• In the Spotlight:

Tired of all the big family shows?

I kind of am. I love Jon and Kate but now we've got the Duggars and then there's a new one coming out about a family with 2 sets of twins and sextuplets....American Tv takes a good idea and then beats the crap out of it until we can't stand to watch anything along the same story line. I don't want to have another family to keep up on...but I always get sucked in. LOL

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Entertainment

• My concern with this obsession america has with large families is where does it stop? first 8 was enough, now the octo mom has scored that, so the next family says "we need 9 at least"...where does it stop before we realize the health risks and nuttiness of it?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:21 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I know that I love watching the Duggers. I like to watch a family that gets along and isn't screaming and fighting all the time. I like that there are rules, chores, and boundries.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Yes i'm tired of them! lol i don't watch any of them. I'm sorry but watching 8 kids go for a walk in the woods doesn't exactly interest me.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• NO WAY...bring them on! I love shows about large families, although I'm not much of a fan of Jon and Kate, but I've always been a BIG fan of the Duggars! I'm hoping they will bring back new families for their Kids by the Dozen documentaries they had before, too! I'm anxious to see how the new show is, what's it called, "Table for 12" I think??

It's better TV than most of other things you find on TV which are "supposedly" family friendly.
    momneedscoffee

Answer by momneedscoffee at 11:39 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I loveeee John and Kate haha I literally will watch the same episodes over and over no matter how many times they're on. I wouldn't say that I'm SICK of the big family shows, I just think they need to get a little more variety, especially TLC. They have the same kinda shows on all the time. And hey if you look at all the crap that's on tv now, really they need MORE big family shows on more channels!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I like Jon and Kate but I dont really watch any others I quess maybe because the sextuplets are the same age as my DD I cant even imagine having 6 4y/o I do agree though that tv networks take an idea and beat the crap out of it
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I love those shows. The new one is Table For 12 and it starts on 3/23. They live about 40 mins from me and they did a one-hour episode a few months ago. They seem very down to earth. They don't mind if the house is a little messy. I'd much rather watch them than anyone else...mostly because they seem like anyone else I know.
    Anonymous

• i dont really watch any of them, i have my reasons: Kate drives me batty!! shes always yelling at Jon like he's some kinda moron. the Duggars creep me out cause no family should be THAT happy ALL the time haha.

also, they make it look too easy b/c money is not an issue for any of them.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I am not a big fan....
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 7:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• nor do I get the appeal....sorry I have a laptop and if I let the mouse on something too long it clicks....

OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 7:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2009