• In the Spotlight:

lol need some advice like NOW

I posted a question yesterday about how to fix it if i mess up mmy self tanner. Well i woke up this morning and my fiance was like wth happened to you!! its so bad i need some advice NOW because i need to start the fixing process. Its seriously sooooooooo bad!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• How did you mess it up? Are you like orange or something?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I hear lemon juice helps, but I've never tried it. I would scrub down in the shower and use a good moisturizer to smooth it out as much as possible. Next time you do a self tanner, mix the tanner with lotion to dilute it. It helps a lot and it glides over more evenly. Good luck.
    pixiestix21

Answer by pixiestix21 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i am all streaky and orangy.....lol pixiestix i will NEVER use it again!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I saw this on "Who's Wedding is it Anyway"... Get in the shower and scrub it off with toothpaste.. gross, but works!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• The tanning lotion stains the dead skin cells. You need to get in the tub and let your skin soften then exfoliate with a poof sponge or bath gloves(if you've never tried the gloves, try them their awesome). Jergans makes a soft glow that looks more subtle and natural. In the future you must prep properly for sunless tanning. Start by exfoliating you skin and applying lotion. More lotion is needed on rough areas( because there is more dead skin cells there and it will look darker, the lotion will prevent accessive absorption) like your elbows and knees. The better you exfoliate the more even the finish. Get your DH to do your back.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Once you exfoliate as much as possible, then either use or send your fiance out to CVS/Walgreens to buy you some liquid foundation in a LIGHT shade...ivory or neutral color, and a translucent/no color loose powder like Cornsilk or Maybelline (yeah, he can do it!). The foundation will help lighten and soften your orangey skin tone, and the powder will help keep your face from being shiny--also helping to lessen the golden color!

GOOD LUCK!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I think the lemon juice only works on real tans. Not sure though.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• You need to exfoliate. If you live near the beach you can take a dip in the ocean too...the salt water strips dead skin off too. I'd try a salt scrub in the bath. When I worked at Pal Beach Tan, I'd get ladies in there all the time who wanted to get the Mystic Tan right before going to the beach. We'd warn them that the salt water would strip away their color...they never listened and would come back all pissed because they were all streaky! Good luck...hope you can get it fixed!!
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 12:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Sephora and Ulta both carry wipes for this problem. They take the color right off.
    Anonymous

• L'OREAL Sublime Bronze self-tanning prefector and corrector you can buy it at wal-mart i have used it and it works!
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 8:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2009