Having really bad hormoan attack...Cigarette?

I have woken up very late in the day (3.00pm here in the UK)
I started crying immediatly, yelling at my cat and just generally shit. No one else is here (again) I'm completely alone and i can't stand it.

All i want to do is have a fag (Cigarette to americans) But, i can;t cos im 20weeks pregnant!
What can i do?

mum-to-be-at-18

Asked by mum-to-be-at-18 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• chew gum, it helped me when i was pregnant.
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 12:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Good idea. But i don't have any gum. :(
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Well I quit a long time ago and it wasn't easy. What helped me with cravings was carrot and celery sticks. I would nosh on them like a chipmunk all day just to keep me distracted. Sometimes in the middle of the night if I had a craving I would just eat right out of the fridge(and I wasn't pregnant). Quitting smoking is about telling yourself NO a million times. GL

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• The thing is, i quit as soon as i found out i was pregnant. But, i do however intend to start back up after baby is born. Obviously not smoking indoors with baby or anything like that and not until i have stopped breastfeeding. I havn't had a problem till now. I was fine. It wasn't hard, but when ever i get depressed i just need one.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I have just quit 4 days ago, and I am 16 weeks along. I am quite lucky because, I haven't been craving ciggerates. Everytime that I would inhale a cig during my pregnancy it made me gag and then I had the urge to vomit.

Try to take deep breaths and just take a nice bubble bath, just relax yourself... Thats what I do, when I get very stressed out and want just a "puff"... makes everything better!
    Anonymous

• i quit 2 years ago and still dream about smoking about twice a month. i just have to keep telling myself no, no, no. very hard to do when i am alone and nobody would find out, but i would know.
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 12:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• What was your main reason for quitting? Putting aside the whole "Killling you" thing.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I quit because of my DD Kaylee, and I work around cancer patients and i figure i had quit for 9 months why pick it back up…Still hard though, especially when all my friends still smoke.
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 12:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• hun...im the same way...im still dying for a cig..im 34 weeks and its killing me..i freak out all the time...

sometimes..the best thing u can do is just cry...idk why...

ive heard of people smoking tea bags...its like smoking a cigg, just no nicotine in it..your just smoking the herpes so it should be healthy for you...

i mean you can try to just take a warm bath and then watch a movie and eat a snack...

try doing some things that u find relaxing without hurting your body.. =]
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 1:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I have that problem now that I'm further along and not too many things make me feel ill, but I always just think about my baby....what goes into me goes into him..I wouldn't hand him a cig and say here puff away so why would I do it now...also, if you can avoid ppl that smoke....it makes it WAYYY worse to see some else enjoy what you can't have.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2009