Does any one home school in PA?

I want to find other moms that home school and PA that can give me some starter hints and helpers. Thanks in advance. My kids that will be home schooled are 8 and 10. I will also be giving my 4 year old a head start on things since he attends school already in Pakistan.

CShah

Asked by CShah at 12:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I do. She attends a cyber school at home. What do you want to know.
    Just drop me a line.
    monijane

Answer by monijane at 10:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I do through Agora Cyber Charter School. It is just like a public school but it is state wide and online. They provide you with a certified teacher that you can ask questions of, and you meet with them at least once a month online to make sure the kids are doing what they should be doing and are progressing the way they should. They send you all the materials you need. The only things you have to supply are the standard things you would generally get every year like new pencils, pens, crayons, markers, rulers, etc. They also test your kids to see what grade levels of math and reading they are ready for, and send the appropriate grade levels. My son and I started with them last year in Kindergarten and have continued into 1st grade. We love it and he is working a year ahead in math so he is doing 2nd grade math.
    Solera

Answer by Solera at 2:11 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I'm not in PA, but we do online charter school which I think also operates in PA
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• I'm considering an online cyber school in PA for my child. Anyone with experience with the school counselors/social workers?
    waterandair

Answer by waterandair at 8:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010