Is it really possible to work full time and BF exclusively?

JLHennessey

Asked by JLHennessey at 12:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is possible to work full time and PUMP, giving breast milk in a bottle. But I've not heard of anyone breastfeeding exclusively unless maybe they worked full time out of the home or the baby could be at work with her......

A friend of mine pumped and fed her daughter only breastmilk until after a year when they went to milk....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• It is possible to pump at work and store the milk for the next day and putting baby to breast at home. If it is something that you want to do then you need to dedicate the time to pumping when possible or setting a schedule to pump at work.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Yes, it is possible to BF exclusively and work. Most moms do this by pumping while at work. Some moms are able to go to baby or have baby brought to them to nurse during the work time. You can also reverse cycle with your baby if you cannot pump: See http://www.workandpump.com/reversecycling.htm

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I went back to work when my baby was 9 weeks old and was able to pump and give him bottles of breastmilk at daycare until he stopped taking bottles at 11.5 months at which point i still pumped and put it in a sippy cup until i stopped working at 15 months...he never had formula and we are still breastfeeding at 26 months.

all you need is a good pump like the medela pump in style or the ameda purely yours. they can be expensive (i bought my ameda for $300) but if you consider the amount you'd be spending on formula (more than $200 a month for 12 months) it is worth the price. :) PM me if you want more info. :)
    Daisymae6

Answer by Daisymae6 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2009