Answers Etiquette Question Help Please!

I am kinda new to answers, I am used to responding in the regular forum threads. Is it rude to name somebody's screen name when you are trying to respond to them? Is it rude to quote? I was called out for using someone's screen name, and I wanted to know if it is actually rude, or really aggressive, or what. Thanks in advance!

stacymomof2

Asked by stacymomof2 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Depends on the person, I think. I don't care if someone uses my SN whether they disagree or agree, as long as its respectful. I also don't think its rude to quote. JMO.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Well if you don't use their screen name how will anyone know who you are speaking to or about?
    Anonymous

• I guess I don't understand the question. I use screen names all the time, I feel it is the polite thing to do and shows the mom that I've actually read her post, or to give credit to a particular mom if I agree with or enjoy her post.

Answer by Bmat at 1:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Did you use someone's screen name from one question in a different question? That's against policy, but doing this:

I guess I don't understand the question. I use screen names all the time,

Is normal.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Thank you all for your help. I wanted to make sure. No, I would never use someones name unless I was actually responding to them directly. Thanks all
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I am still not sure. If I say that BettyJo (made up name) asked in another thread what to do about something, then it would be deleted?

Answer by Bmat at 2:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I think, Bmat, that is considered calling someone out if they are not actually there responding. I did know about that. I was just hoping that the way I responded to you just now was appropriate in the answers section. I know it is common practice in the threads.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2009