university of phoenix?!

im enrolling at the university of phoenix for an associates. and i just got some really bad news. i was told by someone that they had several friends who were not able to transfer their credits from this school. is this true? has anyone else had this problem or success in transferrring credits from this school?

windowgirl

Asked by windowgirl at 12:59 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• I had a really bad experience with Phoenix. I attended the school for just over a year. They gave me lots of headaches and yes, some of my classes did not transfer. I changed to AIU and have had a great experience. I received my associates this past July and will have my Bachelors in August of this year.
    elf

Answer by elf at 1:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i heard they suck- there was one down the road from my massage school any alot my fellow students sad its not a great school to go to
    Anonymous

• Seriously, check your local community college. I'm getting my classes all online through ours for less than half of what UoP would cost, and it's a program specifically tailored to transfer to all the 4 year colleges in our area.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I attended UoP last Summer when someone else told me the credits weren't transferable... I called around and sure enough it was true. None of the Colleges/Universities in the state of Utah will accept a single credit from UoP.

So I called to see about taking online courses through USU and I can get a 4 year degree, for half the price-- all of it online :) So really call around and don't get caught up with UoP.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My best friends husband did Univ. of Phoenix online. They wouldn't accept any of his credits from the community college that he had attended, so he had to start fresh. He recently got his Bachelors in Business. It cost him more than $50,000, but he's done. He did it for a promotion that he was promised, but hasn't received yet.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I went to that school for 2 classes and realized how EXPENSIVE they are. For an associates, its definitely not worth the debt. You are not going to make up the time and student loan debt with the salary that you make on an associates. It is truly not worth the debt. For an AA or AS, go to a community college, it is WAY CHEAPER. Most Community Colleges have on-line classes, etc.
    Anonymous