Can you at least attempt to keep an open mind?

There's so much judgement on here about single vs married, welfare, kids with special needs etc. Why does it matter what another person does?

ta2dirishlass

Asked by ta2dirishlass at 12:59 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Who knows i really don't care what anyone does as long as they are trying to do their best with their children...if someone is on wel fare well then good for them atleast they arent letting their child go without....and if someone is single and has a child and the child is healthy kudos to them its tough being a single parent......some ppl are just judgemetnal i guess
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 1:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Well, I am living with my SO, we are not married. I am not on welfare, but if I needed it I wouldn't hesitate to be. My SD has special needs. so I'm probably one of the people that is judged. No one is perfect, I really try not to judge.
    lalli_lalli

Answer by lalli_lalli at 1:14 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I feel like its easier for people to judge others rather than to look at themselves. They might not like what they see.
    tykay

Answer by tykay at 1:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I try not to judge. I am probably judged as well since we are not married, but living together. We are not on welfare but if we needed it I know that it is there. People shouldn't be judged by how they live, but by how well they raise their children and if they can show them how to become productive members of society.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• It doesn't matter. Why do you care what other say? I tell my friends I only talk politics with people who don't agree with me. It makes them crazy. I don't really know what my point is. I guess it is just fun.
    I wouldn't ever tell anyone what to do. I just shake my head.

One time I told a co-worker it was my wedding anniversary. I had been married for 24 years. She looked at me with disbelief. "what is it like to have sex with only one person for 24 years? I can't imagine." I told her fantastic. My husband is a crazy wild man. He makes every day fun.
    She didn't judge me, she just couldn't figure it out. Very funny.
    Different place, different views.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2009