one side is clear the other side is off white...normal?

so my left breast is leaking with almost a yellowish color and the right side is clear...

i know its normal for me to have liquids come out right now (im 34weeks pregnant)

but is it normal that both sides have 2 different colors coming out??

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 1:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes. That's what Clostrum looks like. I used to know what the different colors were made of (what nutrients/antibodies were in each of the clear part and yellow part) but I can't recall it off the top of my head.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• And to come out different colors on different sides, yes that's normal. You're body is working on producing the "pre-milk" that you'll use to feed your newborn until your milk comes in. Leaking produces all sorts of interesting things when pregnant.

Don't push on your boobs or do anything to express the Clostrum though, that can trigger labor contractions.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• WHOA! I DIDNT KNOW THAT! about the labor contractions part...

wow!! thanks for telling me!!!
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 1:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• lol yup i have the same thing and im 34 weeks and the nipple stimulation thing it will only work for labor IF your body is ready for it it isnt gonna send you in to labor just because you touched your boobs lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2009