Isn't this really how we got here?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/03/14/california.husband.job/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Short form - woman's husband out of work for months. Woman desperate to help him find job. She takes their tax return and SPENDS IT ON A NEW MACBOOK because it has a website building program built in, and makes him a "please hire my husband" website that gets her picture on CNN.
Seriously? I can download a half dozen website building programs for free - legally - at CNET. You certainly don't need a whole brand new laptop to do so, and a Mac on average costs twice as much. If he can't find a job, how bout put that tax return into savings and make the website for free and host it on your ISP's free alloted space? Even better - use a BLOG, which can also be provided free from a dozen different companies.
Why is anyone applauding a woman for dropping $1k to do something to "help her man" she could've done for free?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I guess $1000.00 must not be alot of money to some people. But, to me it is and there is so much free advertising out there that it seems like a bit of a waste to me. Yes, she did help stimulate the economy but at what cost to her own life and future? We should be applauding frugalness and people really tightening their belts for the long haul. JMO
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i surely wouldn t have she could have printed out a set of free buisness cards aswell that is ridiculous...i would have made his but go online and apply for jobs and get something just untill the one he wanted become available...wonder if the dude has a job yet lol
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 1:10 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Wow, I agree. Man it takes all kinds to make the world go round.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• LMAO! that cracks me up!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• That would make too much sense I guess NP lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I want to know why "her man" can't do it himself?! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Why are you  so worried about what others do in their life?

Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 2:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Why are you so worried about what others do in their life?

Because our fearless leader signed a law last month that will cost us a few trillion dollars to pay for people like her.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• It's her money
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 3:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I dont get it nonpanicking.... How will that law cost us money because of her?
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2009