could this be fluid? tmi

I was sitting bending over changing my kids diaper and i felt a shot of warm between my legs and then i kept on changing her and i felt another shot of warm. I stood up from the couch and it was wet. Should i worry? And im 31 weeks preg

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Has it continued? If it continues your sack could have ruptured. If not, it was the baby pushing on your bladder and you peed. Sorry to be so blunt about that, but you understand.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Yes. Call the doctor right away.

It takes two seconds and a little strip of paper to tell if it is amniotic fluid,
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• And i don't know if it's the baby but i keep getting sharp pain in the top part of my stomach
    Anonymous

• to add, a leak in your sac might not always noticibly continue. Sometimes the baby's head keeps it from gushing out noticibly (until you do a movement like bending over). Never assume it is pee unless it looks or smells like pee. Not getting a possible leak checked out can open your child up to infection.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I would call the doctor. It could be preterm labor or you could be having some early contractions like Braxton Hicks. Just give them a call and put your mind at ease. They'll probably have you come in.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• OP, gushes of fluid ALWAYS need to be reported to the doctor immediately. You need to call.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:14 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I agree.

Call the doc
    If your sac ruptured, you could get an infection.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 2:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i went to l&d lst night for that the same thing and mine turned out to be discharge but apparently the contractions were very very close i was contracting every 2 min so i would def go get checked ii mean what is the worse that will happen ? they send you hme because its nothing ... better safe then sorry right ? good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2009