My 4 yr old seen me breastfeeding and wants it

My 4 year old daughter(kasey) has seen me bfing my 3 month old(amber) and when ever I finish breastfeeding Amber,Kasey climbs on my lap lyes accross my lap holds onto my neck and says she wants booby milk,should I start breastfeeding her again?

Aimee789135

Asked by Aimee789135 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No. Be firm but kind and tell her it is what little babies do. What you could do is to have a cup of milk with or without a straw. When you breastfeed, set your daughter next to you or on a stool near you and hand her the cup and let her have the together time with you. Ideally she'd be sitting next to you, but if you are in a single chair there might not be room. Something else you can do, since you will have mentioned the breast being for little babies, is to then have something special that only big girls get to do. Such as when the baby is playing or sleeping, put a puzzle together or play some other game, or make cookies, something so that she'll know that older children get special attention from mom just like little babies get their own kind of special attention.

Answer by Bmat at 1:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I wouldn't. I think she is too old and probably looking for attention.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Yes, and you should also UN potty train her.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I think she's just curious and want your attention.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• She is looking for attention. She is way too old to go back to breast feeding IMHO. Not to mention, your body custom-made that milk for the specific stage of development and growth your infant is in and is creating the right amount the infant needs. Why throw it off to feed a 4 year old? Some children will attempt to pretend to "regress" in order to take attention away from younger siblings. I would tell her "no, you know that's for babies, not big girls." It's no different than my friend's 2 1/2 year old frisking my infant for his binkie every time we walk through the door. He wants to take the attention away from the baby by showing how he's still a baby too. Paying attention to your daughter more in other ways and encouraging her to move forward, not backward, is what you ought to do. Not reward pretending to be a baby by giving in.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Munch12502 that is so funny, love it! i think oldest is way to old too. Tell the oldest mommy had enough booby mlik for her cause it wasn't shared with another baby and now baby sister needs the milk and it can't be shared, you need enough for her. Your oldest will probably twist this into not sharing toys or cookies and such at some point cause you told her 'no sharing' of boobs. Then say that was for boobs only, to share other things can be nice.
    Anonymous