I want to become a model. Can anyone help me out?

I just recently thought about modeling. I'm pretty short 5''2 but I'm slim. I don't want to do anything big like runway. Just a way to make a little extra money, and have something else fun to do.

Britzilla07

Asked by Britzilla07 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• start at hooters.....or call tyra on americas next top model..it doesnt matter if u are 5'3 and slim they could tell u u are to short or to tall they could tell u you are to fat or to slim...DUH
    Anonymous

• Yeah America's Next Top Model's next show is for girls 5'7 and under only. You could go out for that. And go to an agency. They can get you a portfolio together and some try outs/jobs.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Message me. I did freelance modeling for a few years before becoming a makeup artist. My website is for that is www.flawlessfacellc.com. I can be a lot more realistic for you that some of these answers.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I was gonna say either hooters or the local strip joint, they'd be able to give you a clue since they basically deal with selling beauty (if you want to call it that) for money.
    Anonymous

• Check out a reputable modeling agency. You can tell it's reputable because if they want you on their roster, they won't be encouraging you to enroll in "modeling classes" and simply sign you. You will also need to get headshots. Dont' think that models make a lot of money-- you only work a few hours for a few hundred. The work is not steady by any means, and considering your height, you are not going to be very popular, even for print work.

If you have any friends who are photographers, you should do a quid pro quo-- appear in their photos and you both get to use them to add to your portfolio.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 3:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• newmodels.com
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Most people who think they can be models..cannot. It's the ones that have no idea how perfect they are for such a career that are the natural models. ANTM had a casting call in my city this past Tuesday for Cycle 13..I think a shorter model season is a fantastic idea. Stupid 'you have to be tall to be a model' stereotype ends here!
    irishstarz

Answer by irishstarz at 8:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Ok only FASHION models need to be very tall. Commercial print models, and FIT models can be any height. Think about your catalogs for your favorite stores, or fliers for grocery stores, etc. That is a great place to start. They need "regular" people to play these parts and the funny thing is they make a really good buck. Modeling is a whole lot more than you think it is and its HARD WORK. I modeled for baby phat website back in 2005 and I am signed with Gramercy modeling agency in NYC. I did it freelance for years but decided I loved doing the makeup alot more. You first need to get with freelance photographers building a portfolio so they won't charge you for the photo shoot. Its called TFP (time for pics). Its a widely used term in modeling when you're starting out. Now it recently changed to TFCD, because they'll put your images on a cd for you. This way you can build your portfolio with professional images for your "book."
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Like I said, I can answer ALL your questions about the reality of it and what to do to get started if you really want to do it. Forget about the comments about stripping and all that, thats just rediculous. You need to A) build your book B) go to casting calls in your area C) present yourself to the right agency for the right "type" of modeling for YOU (example, commercial print, fashion, catalog, etc etc).
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 15, 2009