Is it okay toswitch my son to milk? He will not be 1 until April 19

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What does your pediatrician say?
    Anonymous

• I would not recommend it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I don't want to buy another can of formula for a couple weeks. He eats very well. He is hardly drinking the bottles when I guve them to him. He seems done with formula.
    Anonymous

• I think it's wrong to switch your child early because you don't want to by more formula. Suck it up and get over it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• it's not just that i don't want to buy the formula. He doesnt drink it. He barely drinks half of an 8 oz bottle.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't switch him just yet, Buy the powder formula and make smaller bottles, less waste.
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 2:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• What chuggerboysmom said. And, you DID say that you didn't want to buy it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• yeah . you can switch i give my son milk once in a while. Like when i make milk shakes and stuff like that. Its okay.
    abdie2005

Answer by abdie2005 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I know that the aap does not recomend it.. but who knows, give them five years and they are bound to change their minds like they do on everything eles. I have known lots of people who have switched before a year and have had absolutly no problems..... infact most of the adults i know were raised on cows milk and weaned onto it while still babies. My daughter was weaned from breast to goats milk at 7 mo and she had absolutly no problems what so ever. she is almost two, on cows milk now, healthy and smartest little firey red head I know. Some times we as parents tend to over analize and stand hard on trivial beleives then bash eachother for it. Do what you feel is best for you family. My only recomendation would be that you really concider going for milk that is hormone, antibiotic free, or all together organic certified.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:37 PM on Mar. 14, 2009