Another neighbor question.

Yesterday I asked a ? about noisy neighbors and got some good advice, so here's another one. Those same neighbors have started throwing their trash in my back yard. This is a problem for several reasons, first, it's a small yard and it's where my dog plays, and today I found a bunch of dirty diapers that had been trown into the yard in the middle of the night after the dog had already had a "snack".....this is disgusting. Second, I'm pregnant and on bed rest, so I can't go clean up their garbage (had DH return the diapers to them), all I'm really allowed to do is get up long enough to let the dog in or out, get something to eat or go to the bathroom. Does anyone know if I can press charges on this, this is coming right after I had to call the cops on them two nights in a row, it's almost like they were quiet last night so they could do this. This isn't the first time trash has been thrown, but the diaper thing is new.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Wow I am so happy I don't live next to these apparent HILLBILLIES. If I was you I would call the cops again and tell them your neighbors are throwing trash in your yard. Tell them how you would like to press charges against them IF they don't stop after the cops pay them a visit first. The police might also be able to write them a ticket for littering and it might also be considered a form of vandalism as well (i'm not sure). I would just see if calling the cops takes care of the problem first and then see if you can take legal action if that doesn't work. It might seem harsh to some ppl but its what I would DEFINITELY do.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• take one of the shit diapers and hang it in front of their front door that way when they leave the hosue they get smacked in the face with thier own childs shit...personally i would have cussed them out and i was on bed rest i prob would have sent them a threatning letter by mail lol i dunno good luck to you call the cops and ask them becase there is such a thing as harrasment and littering a guess
    Anonymous

• That is gross! I think Ash9724 is right. Call the cops and see what they can do for you. They may need proof that it is your rowdy neighbors. It sounds like a form of harrassment to me.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• OP here- here's the funny thing, proof won't be that hard to come by because the diapers we thrown out of a window right next to my yard (we live in a duplex) you can see the changing table and the clean diapers sitting in the window and because it has been raining here there are still pieces of diaper right under the window (along with a little turd from one of the diapers). I'm leaving it like it is until DH calls the landlord when he gets back home so he can see for himself, and the dog is staying inside so that there's no more diaper snacking....I'm actually considering finding a way to brush his teeth....
    Anonymous

• Go buy a fake camera with battery so the light blinks like it's working, and hang it where they can't get at it, but it'll show what they're doing. Let you neighbors know that you've had problems with someone throwing trash in your yard, and say that you're cooperating with prosecutors. See if it keeps happening.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 3:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Hmm do you rent? If you do then call the landlord, they could be under the same person. That is health code violations pure and simple. If you are buying then the police maybe the better avenue.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2009