What can I do to ease me down???

So my bf he's a good honest man, he loves me and cares about me. But for some reason I get so uneasy and worried that he's going to go do something dumb that he will regret when he goes out drinking with his friends. I don't mind the drinking, or I might but I get so uneasy and worked up over it and we get in a huge fight over it. He doesn't drink all the time just once in awhile with his friends when he's not playing baseball. I know that I don't trust him drunk, but what I can I do to help it and what can I say to him to make him understand I'm not trying to fight I'm just curious???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• i dont mean to pry but it sounds like u have been hurt before and i think one of the biggest mistake people make after they have been hurt is faulting all of there future SO's for what someone else did (i know ive done it myself) but if you do worry about your bf just be honest with him and tell him how you feel after all without trust you have nothing....best of luck to you sweetie
    tasha080808

Answer by tasha080808 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Is it that he's untrustworthy or that YOU don't trust? 2 different things. One is his issue, the other is yours. If he's untrustworthy - nothing you say or do will keep his nose clean. If it's your issue, then you need to find a way to work on it...counseling?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i put a stop to my dhs drinking when i found out i was preggo...you can sit him down and tell hiim how you feel and then whatever he says next just go from there ask him how he would feel if you went out drinking
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 2:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I am a child of an alcoholic (now recovering), and I am uneasy around people who drink to excess. I especially don't like being home with someone who is drunk. I explained this to my husband, and told him I know it's not fair and that he has every right to let loose once in a while. However, for me, please don't do it.

Acknowledging that I was imposing on him, and telling him I fully knew it was not fair, helped him to understand where I was coming from. He knew that I wouldn't be asking him if my request wasn't important. Marriage is about doing things for the other person and sometimes making sacrifices for the benefit of the marriage. Not drinking to excess is what he does for me.

Try to explain to him why and where you're coming from. Tell him you know it's not fair to him, but that you're not trying to mother him. Tell him it's solely to alleviate your fear and anxiety, and thank him for his effort.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 2:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• You should just stop this too much nagging will lead him to stay out more and eventually your worst nightmare will happen. If he just does it once in awhile leave him alone, now if it getting out of hand then take care of the problem. But for now just live your happy life with him and see what happens. Some men like to drink out of the house just to get away from everyday stuff, some men drink at the house just because that is what they want to do. Mine doesn't do bars but if he wanted to I would let him know don't make this a habit. So if I were you just relax and just watch don't jump to conclusion right away. It is not good for the relationship. Good Luck!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2009