how to get a three yr old to go potty on the potty not her diaper or pants?

I take care of this three year old who craves attention, and no matter how long she sits on the potty, or time out she will get off the tolite to poop her pants before she goes in the potty. Is there any suggestions. PLEASE HELP!!!

mamajenn123

Asked by mamajenn123 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• candy! we do 2 m&ms for peeing and 3 m&ms for pooping we were told to give 1 m&m for sitting on the potty but then they just want to sit for candy instead of actually learning to potty on the potty
    tasha080808

Answer by tasha080808 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My mother-in-law told me how she got my brother-in-law to use the potty. She said she took his diaper off and let him run around the house all day without any pants on. She said eventually he started to cry for his diaper when he had to go to the bathroom. So she took him to the potty and sat there with him until he went. She then showed him what he did in the potty and was tellling him what a good boy he was and how proud she was of him. He never went to the bathroom in his pants again after that!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2009