Rights To Gun Ownership Being Taken Away?

Subject: Bill

Subject: HR-45

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any
rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

It is registered

You are fingerprinted

You supply a current Driver’s License

You supply your Social Security

You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at
any time of their choosing

Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be
reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to
own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access
provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun
safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5
y

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• that is not taking the right away... and half of those are DUHS you should be doing them anyway- like locking it up
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 3:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• How is that takig your rights away to own a gun? I think they are basically trying to keep guns in the law abiding citizens hands and out of criminal and childrens hands. Sounds good to me.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 3:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Actually that isn't taking any rights away. It looks exactly like what my husband had to fill out for his permit.

The only part I don't agree with is they can come and search at anytime. But, at the same time I can understand it.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 3:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I think it sounds pretty good. Except for the mental evaluation part. Its should be given at least once a year. People can change for the worse sometimes and I think if you own a gun you should have a follow up on the mental evaluation. JMO
    Anonymous

• I agree with the previous posters. We own 3 guns and we would gladly do any of those things if it meant keeping guns out of criminal's hands.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:10 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I don't feel any rights are being violated here. Having regulations as a protective measure doesn't mean infringement on your rights. You should see the license requirements to open a restaurant or other businesses, hundreds of pages of requirements and rules. It doesn't take away your right to open that business.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• well i dont see how they are going to do that in alaska i carried a gun with me since i was 8 years old then again we have wild animals that can kill you in our yards plus i knew gun saftey very well if i did anything unsafe with a gun my father would have had my ass. granted i live up in the chugaike mountains last year 9 poeple were attack and killed by grizzlys for no reason,this year if it poses a threat to you or your property you can shoot the animal. and who are they to determine wither or not you can own a gun i dont know anybody up here that leaves their home without a gun unless they never leave the city and most of them have guns on them for the odd chance a black bear or a moose might charge but it is taking our rights away are rights to privacy,personal protectoin, i mean what they gonna do stick a bear in jail cause he killed you i mean come on
    Anonymous

• There are tons of gun laws on the books tons.Also we already have the thumb print nationally and its for crap the prints arent working right.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• here in tn anon when you buy a new gun you register but you do not have to have a permit.You can buy from joe blow neighbor and just get a signed receipt.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• jermeys it doesnt thats the thing they can still and do still get them.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2009