Looking for feedback on Mylicon for baby's gas.

What's your experience with Mylicon? How often during the day did you need to use it (i.e., for every feeding?)? How long did you use it for? How quickly does it work to relieve gas?

Thanks!

deereporter

Asked by deereporter at 3:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my DS had a horrible problem with gas... I would mix one dose in his bottle and if he didn't burp shortly there after and was still fussy, I would give him another dose.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 3:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My pedi tol me that it is one of those drugs that doesnt enter the blood stream and just oasses right through, so you don't have to be super careful on the dosage and give as needed. HTH
    Anonymous

• My pedi said that you can give them as much as they need during the day..As often as 2-3hrs. It works very fast, but I found out that the walmart brand of infant gas drops works just like the Mylicon and just as fast but its way cheaper and you can get 1oz for like $3. Instead of 1/2oz of Mylicon for like $9.
    proudmom89

Answer by proudmom89 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I founf that gripe water worked even better tha the drops. It's pricier - about $12 per bottle but it got him burping & passing gas in less than 5 minutes. A lot of people swear by it.
    suej27

Answer by suej27 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Actually, I didn't find Mylicon useful at all. It made my son's gas worse. The way it works is to clump all the air bubbles together like soap. Gripe water worked a little better. My son's ped said that some babies are just very gassy.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 4:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2009