Can you help me with my living room?

I am in that spring mode. I want a change in my living room, but my options are limited. I cannot move the furniture around or anything like that. I bought a new red rug to add some color, but I need additional ideas. Help! please.. (my colors are red burgundy and tan)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Plants are a great way to bring in a nice smell and add some color. I just buy different colored sofa pillows when I want a quick cheap fix.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 3:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• put the rug somewhere where you can see it from other rooms and make sure it is some where tha u like...change ur curtains up sometimes that helps......umm put up new pictures to that might make a bit of a change that would suit u too
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 3:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Hang some pretty spring napkins like this on your curtain rod. (That's a picture from my living room. I have a home daycare business) I change them with the seasons so my room always looks fresh and pretty :) The sofa pillows are a good idea too. Buy a color to match. I also have a grapevine wreath  that  I change the flowers and ribbon on seasonally. I hung some chandalier crystals from fishing line in my window so in the evenings, there are rainbows everywhere. Now THAT is cheerful :)

TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 4:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Get some nice gold-looking chains from a hardware store and use them to tie back the curtains at the sides of the windows, new curtains too, if you can afford them, but the chains are inexpensive and come in all sizes and weights. (Use a screw-in cup holder to hold the ends.) Put matching candle-holders and candles on the end tables, change the places you have pictures on the walls, get a big glass dish and put seashells in it--you can get bags of big, pretty seashells at Wal*Mart, I think I got them in the craft section. If you have a narrow blank strip of wall between two windows or between a window and a door get little 3 X 5 or 5 X 8 pictures of whatever--kittens, puppies, children at a beach, whatever you like, and hang 3 of them vertically to add interest and sparkle up the room. Mirrors also add sparkle and interest, they can be little or graduated sizes and have interesting shapes or frames.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Sometimes new drapes are a major expense, but new rods aren't, get decorative rods for your old drapes if changing the drapes themselves is not an option.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2009