Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I need to get full custody of my 8 month old?

I am moving with my daughter. Will I have to go to court to get full legal and physical custody of my 8 month old daughter? Her father and I never married, and he is staying. Or do I have to ask him to relinquish his parental rights?

We are moving from New York to California.


Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • If custody has not been established then you don't have to do any thing, however it is a possibility that if you do go to court for custody that he could have the court say that you can't move.... I'd file AFTER the move if I were you.

    Answer by Wildkitten82 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

  • my brother has full physical custody of his daughter and shared legal custody with his ex. unless you dont want the father the have anything.

    Answer by tykay at 3:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2009