My daughter has been potty trained for over two months and all of a sudden is telling me she has to go to the bathroom and urinating then and there. Only at home! What to do? Anyone experience this?

If she doesn't tell me, then she will wet her pants, come find me and say, "pottty already!" It's so frustrating because she was doing such an awesome job. We went to Disney World and she didn't have one accident.

pam06

Asked by pam06 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This is common. Just put her back on a schedule instead of expecting her to tell you. Help her succeed at staying dry instead of standing back and watching her fail.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• yeah, its common. A little regression after a kids is first potty trained happens alot. Just stay consistant. Don't make a fuss over it, have her help you clean up, tell her that she needs to pee in the potty, not her pants, and praise her like crazy when she does make it in time. Also, offer up reminders as often as possible. My second son can get so focused on something that he doesn't relize he needs to go... till its almost to late. Frequently ask.. do you need to potty?
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Yes, this is EXACTLY what we're going through with dd, and it's also exactly 2 months after she was trained! SO frustrating. We used a method that got her to initiate/tell us every time and now she just won't tell us! (And of course she says no when we ask, they all do). It's been over a week now. The first few days we kept letting her have accidents because we didn't want her to start counting on us to take her when we knew she knew how to do it herself. Then finally it was creating so much negativity (despite our best efforts to be positive -- who wants to be constantly covered with pee!) so we sucked it up and have been taking her every hour or 90 minutes. We started the rewards back up but it hasn't made much of a difference. We're just going to keep taking her and see if it just clicks again at some point. Please let me know if you do find anything that works!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:15 AM on Mar. 15, 2009