How many of you are organ donors?

If not what are your views on being an organ donor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Health

• I have my dot (wisconsin)
    Anonymous

• yep im an organ donor
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I am an organ donor. I don't plan on using my organs once I die so I don't see why I would want to keep them to myself.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I am an organ donor. My cousin died very tragically and we as the family got together and donated her organs. I think it really helped us with the dealing process. And months later when we received the letter letting us know what was used and who it helped it was nice to see that even thought one family was in a great deal of pain, another was getting a second lease on life.
    tykay

Answer by tykay at 4:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• tykay,your story is the reason,Iam a donor.,And alot don't agree with me ,but if anything would have happened to one of my kids when they were younger,I would have donated their organs,so apart of them ,could have lived on also,but they are of age to make the choice themselves.I am so sorry for the loss of your cousin,but Your family did a very unselfish act,by giving another person life,God Bless you all
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Yes I am, But I wouldn't want anyone to take my eyes
    Teeny83

Answer by Teeny83 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Yes i am and so is my husband. He was before me and we watched this show one night where a teenager had a accident and was a donor and i saw what that did for other people and for his family and i changed my mind and when i went in to change my name on my info i put down that i wanted to be a donor too....like said before...i am not going to use them when i die and if i can help someone even after i am dead then that is the kind of person i wanna be and that i am. a helpful type!!
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I definitely am. My father was hurt badly and was a vegetable for 2 years before dying. At that point all they could take were his eyes and kidneys. We had open donation and met the families that we helped. It was wonderful to think that my father's terrible death could help someone else. Everyone close to me knows that I am and i convinced DH to do it too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I am. But I cant convince my DH to be.He says that they will not take care of him good enough if he is sick or in an accident. That is not true. But he has that in his head and I dont think i'll ever convince him otherwise!
    Anonymous

• Ayuh! If I have anything good enough to save someone else's life, then I'm all for it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2009