what is the recovery of a hysterectomy

just had a total hysterectomy...how long is it before it quits hurting...

diamonddust_00

Asked by diamonddust_00 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Health

• I was sore for acouple of weeks,was off work for 6 weeks,but I ran my vaccuum the day after I got out of the hospital,and carried laundry up and down the steps.(I was'nt supossed to though ,so don't).I had a complete Hyst.Vaginal,I am sure it is easier on you than being cut across.Good luck,and I hope you are ok
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I have a lower pain tolerance than most, but they left my ovaries when mine was done. I was down a couple of weeks, but many women aren't down that long if it's done vaginally. Mine was, but as I said, I have a low pain tolerance.

Typical recovery time is six weeks no matter what kind of surgery you have.

Hope this helps...
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• my mom had hers done 10 years ago, she says, 3 guaranteed weeks on the couch and then she went back to work and was on light duty for about 3 weeks and then semi light duty for a month.. i think now it depends on the type of hystorectomy that you have... some are non evassive and you are up after a week... but if yours was a full then i would say a few weeks of pain and being sore..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 8:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2009