Would you let your hubbies ex be your hairstylist?

Here's the dilemma,

I found this great new hairstylist, after my old one moved away. She has done my hair one time and I loved it! She invited me to the anniversary party at their salon. My hubby and I go last night...she comes up to us, and I am introducing my hubby to her as my "new hairstylist"...come to find out that she is my husband's ex, he tells me after she walks off that they dated briefly after high school! LOL.

So, they seem to have broken up on good terms, she was obviously happy to see him and he was a little embarrassed (akward?) and was glad to see her, too.

My question, should I still let her do my hair? I really love her salon, but is it just too weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• I mean if it wasn't serious I don't see the harm, but if you feel uncomfortable then I would suggest getting a different stylist.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• That's just up to you. If you don't feel at all threatened by it then there shouldn't be a problem. But it also might be setting up a way for her and your husband to stay in contact. Personally I would feel too akward but all women are different when it comes to things like this but then on the other hand my grandfather's current wife and ex wife are best friends!
    Anonymous

• Funny coincidence.
    I would get my hair done by her again and see how it goes. If it doesn't seem odd, then keep going. If it is uncomfortable for you, then don't go again.

I moved to the town where my husband grew up. So it is not uncommon for us to run into someone that he knew growing up. In fact I just found out that he briefly dated a girl that one of his friends married and we see them all the time. It came up in conversation and he just said he never really thought to mention that they dated because it was a 2 month relationship when he was 18. Not too big of deal.
    Anonymous

• Why not? Here is what I don't understand about these things... Do you ever stop to think that maybe this woman doesn't want him back or never did for that matter? I could never understand the anger my ex-husband's new wife felt for me... I divorced him... What part of that is do difficult to understand?? Anyway, I am sure it will not affect your hairstyles in the least, just laugh about it.. I mean what are you doing to do, kill off everyone he used to date???
    Anonymous

• I would not go back to her salon. Now that she knows who your DH is..She might do some real damage to your hair. Cut to much off,,,fry it,,,die it green..I wouldn't take the chance. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Shoot yea, do you know how hard it is to find a hair stylist that suits you? OMG. She's not going to ruin your hair. Hey just have fun with it. Keep the great hairstylist. I cherish my stylist. : )
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• IF my husband made her mad. I may have to put him in the corner as to not piss of my hair dressor. LOL I love my hair dressor. I go to her house and I not only get a great do, I get the best gossip in town.
    Anonymous

• go again & see how it goes...
    Me & DH have dated since 10th grade & the girl he dated right before me has now become a hair stylist. Seems like she is great at what she does but I would NEVER let her do my hair! lol... I dont think she has any negative feelings about me (she is married now too) but i dont want to risk it!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Talk with DH and find out how he thinks she feels now and if he thinks things are kosher then go for it. I seriously doubt by the way you described the meeting that she is still harboring feelings (good or bad) for him and you will have no issues with her trying to do something bad to your hair. Geesh some people are just so childish on here!

My DH's ex had some major issue with me (I was like the 10th person he dated after they split though) and I really just don't understand it because she was the one who left him for another guy and devastated my DH!!!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I didnt even read it....the answer is NO....
    Anonymous