need advice on birth control...

okay. so there are all kinds, i understand this, but I am wondering if any of you moms have had a permanent or reversible type? What are the recovery times really like? I am fixing to have my third child and i believe that I am done. The doctor has offered to "fix" me, on the table after having this one, but i do not want to be in much more pain than i already have to be. As is it takes me a couple of weeks, to recover just from birth, so i can walk and feel my legs properly. (almost 10 lbs. kids).
thanks in advance for any advice.

shirley_serrano

Asked by shirley_serrano at 4:44 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Health

• I had a tuba ligation,,tube cute and burned. That was 22 years ago. As far as I know it's the best way to go.

Answer by louise2 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Well, I do not recommend an IUD. I had one put in, developed an awful infection and had to have it removed in the ER. I had it in for about two months, never stopped bleeding nor cramping. It was awful!
    Anonymous

• I got my tubes tied 15 months ago and I regret it so bad. My periods have been soooo much worse than before. And it seems my pms has become a lot worse. When I had my tubes tied I was having a C-section and really did not notice much of a diffrence between recovering from a
    c-section or from being fixed.
    tykay

Answer by tykay at 4:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• well i have an iud and so far i havent had any problems with mine
    mommam58122

Answer by mommam58122 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• An IUD is not permanant, but they last 5-10 years and I have the 10 year one. It has been insince DD was about 12 months and she is now 21 months. I have had absolutely no problems except slightly heavier periods on the first 2 days and then only lasting 4 days instead of 5 before. I can not do hormones so this or condoms are my only choice since we are sure if wer are done or not.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2009