Anyone who worked for Avon have any problems?

I need to get a job but want to still stay at home with my baby. I was considering working for Avon as a Sales Rep. If you or a friend have ever tried this out, did you have any problems with it or still doing it?

YoungandExcited

Asked by YoungandExcited at 4:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• Unless you sell a lot you can only save money on your stuff really. I like their products but right now it is hard to get people to buy unnecessary items, I would try it though just to get my feet wet it is cheap to start. Can you sell it at a store bear you?
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt sell it cause some time people say they want something and dont come get it and you be the one left wit the sell so i wouldnt do it if i was you
    mrs.conley429

Answer by mrs.conley429 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My mom has been with Avon for 30 years. She is one of the area's top people and earns around $300 a month from sales and around $1000 a month from her downline.

I tried Avon but HATED it! I'm not a sales person and don't have it in me to talk someone in to stuff they don't need just so I can get paid. Besides I was NEVER able to be home. There were always deliveries and parties and just didn't like it.

I have tried tons of stuff. Avon was just one in the crowd. Now I'm with Ameriplan and love it! I make more than my mom does and don't have to deal with the sales, deliveries or parties! Really it was what was best for me!

I have a ton of great home opportunities (including Avon) on my website.
    www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

There is information on Ameriplan, Avon and other WAH businesses and Jobs. As well as surveys and freebies and stuff. I'll have more comming soon, so if you don't see what you need come back soon.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• However, if you're an Avon lady you'll get a discount on all your stuff. so if you like Avon product then it could be worth it just to sell to you and your friends and family...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:42 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I had a big problem not receiving items that I had on the purchase orders. I would make copies of all my orders before I sent them in. I had a customer order one of their higher end rings, the ones made of real gold. It was about 129.99. Well I ordered it for her, she paid, and I never got it. Then they wanted me to reorder it. I had to order it three times before I got it. I got very tired of it and quit.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 6:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I sell Avon and have for almost 4 years. It's been really hard lately though, no one is buying. I haven't had one single order is 3 campaigns, which is 6 weeks. I have sent out reminder emails too, to my regular customers. They just email me back...."I can't right now, sorry". I don't think that if I was starting new that I would start right now. But like the others said, if you like Avon and would buy it anyways, then you would get a discount. The problem with that is that you still have to pay the shipping fee (which is inexpensive, but could eat up your discount) and the price of catalogs. Especially if you are like me and buy the catalogs, but no one is ordering. I'm just wasting my money on catalogs right now.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• 2 of my friends sold Avon and quit. Now I am with www.evelyn1.fourpointwellness.com I already have 135 members in my co-op. Since we don't have to sell or inventory or deliver, it is easier and I make more money from home this way.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 7:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I am an independent distributor with Scent Sations/Mia Bella Candles. I have not sold Avon but I can tell you people are still buying. I did a craft show today and we were busy. People were buying and not holding back. if you have a passion for it you will do great.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I have been selling Avon for the past three years and honestly you dont really make a lot. Although I havent really tried to make a big business out of it either. I just sell to a couple friends and family and just enjoy the discount for myself. Other than that though I wouldnt recommend getting into it if you are expecting to make a lot of money.
    Anonymous

• Oops, sorry. I didnt mean to post Anon.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 11:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2009