Tips on twins

I am 16 weeks pregnant with twins and we found out yesterday that we are expecting a boy and a girl. Obviously it's still early so I know that can change. I have a big ultrasound schedualed for April 10th so we will see if anything changes.

I want to start getting things ready and register for the babies but I am a little confused....
For anyone who has had twins, did you get 2 of everything?... Such as swings, bassinettes, diaper bags...?? any advice would be helpful. I plan on having 2 cribs and 2 bouncy chairs but I am just unsure about the rest. Thankyou so much for answering.

TiffanyReed

Asked by TiffanyReed at 5:14 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think that you would need 2 of everything. Like you could put 1 baby in a swing, while the other is in the bouncer.. and switch them. As for cribs I know that you can use 1 crib for the first couple of months. Until they get to the point that they are rolling on top of one another lol*.. I've never had twins, but this is what I would do...
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I dont have twins but my bff does. 2 of everything is good on alot of stuff. She only used 1 diaper bag & until they where a few months old she only used 1 crib (putting a child at each end). But 2 bouncers, 2 swings, 2 activity mats for tummy time.
    Congrats!!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• im a twin and my mom had me and my sister in the same crib and so on but that was 27 yrs ago lol
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Unless you have a huge house and tons of money don't get 2 of everything. You have to have 2 carseats, and you will eventually need 2 cribs, and I'd suggest getting 2 highchairs (or 2 of whatever type feeding seat you will use). I would never suggest buying 2 of big things like swings to start with because it's very possible that one of your babies may not like it (If you do buy 2 of a big item don't open them both and keep your receipt until you are sure you really do need both). Also with the big stuff like excersaucers, jumparoos, etc. it's great to have 2 different things because the babies can take turns and get more variety. Join the Moms that have or are having twins group on CafeMom and look through the old posts - you'll find tons of suggestions from twin Moms who have been through "twinfancy" and survived! Congrats & good luck
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I got 2 of everything. 2 bouncy seats 2 swings 2 cribs 2 dressers just 1 diaper bag but if you go to nordstrom online they have twin ones that are huge and really cute. A little spendy but better than carrying 2. Most places like Babies R Us and if you have a Burlington have a twin discount so if you buy 2 of something you get 20% off. I only got 1 changing table also. I am trying to think what else you might need to get 2 of but for some reason I've lost my memory! If you have any questions about twins feel free to message me and congrats on the twins its such a blessing!
    twinmommy2009

Answer by twinmommy2009 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• if i had twins i would get 2 cribs,2 swings 2 bouncers but my kids move alot that y i know i would need 2 of everything lol but i dont have twins (I WANT THEM THOUGH) lol
    Anonymous

• I have 7 1/2 month old twins and I agree with some of the pps that 2 of everything can be a waste of money. You first need to think of how much space you really have. All the gadgets take up space. Personally, my living room is littered with baby things. I would recommend 2 cribs from the get-go. It teaches them that they don't need the other twin to sleep and when I brought my boys home and just tried to nap them in the same crib they would just roll toward each other, not sleep. We only have 1 changing table since you can really only change 1 baby at a time anyway, 1 swing, 1 bouncer, 1 exersaucer, 2 bumbo seats, 2 boppys, 2 pack n plays, about 4 diaper bags (2 normal sized ones, 2 small freebies from the hospital) We went on a day trip (that could've been a overnighter) the other day and we ended up with 3 stuffed bags. It was crazy. You WILL need 2 car seats (I like the ones that snap right into a double stroller)
    lilblufyrfly

Answer by lilblufyrfly at 10:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Not having to wake a sleeping baby to stuff them in the stroller is great! This is getting long so I'm gonna stop. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Good luck
    lilblufyrfly

Answer by lilblufyrfly at 10:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2009