To the girl that posted saying they gave her procardia

I dont know if maybe you got the meds wrong or what but I looked it up and that medication is used for people that had an angina attack.

The precise means by which this inhibition relieves angina has not been fully determined, but includes at least the following two mechanisms:

1) Relaxation and Prevention of Coronary Artery Spasm
2) Reduction of Oxygen Utilization

Just thought I'd let you know since your question was deleted.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• procardia is also used to hold off contractions if you look it up as procardia in pregnancy
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• http://www.webmd.com/baby/nifedipine-for-preterm-labor

i was given the pills after the shots werent going so well also it was my 3rd timein for preterm labor
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• thanks for that because in the article that tells you what the medication is used for it doesnt mention for pregnancy AT ALL! that is crazy. I was really worried about her taking those meds for a min.
    Anonymous

• ya it is something for a heart thing but it is a calicum blocker and your utterus needs the calcium to contract that is what my dr told me lol its till a pain i have to take it every 6 hours exactly 6 hours
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2009