i let my 2 week old sleep with me....-plz no bashing-

for one night cuz she keep waking up every ten min
and only seemed to sleep when cuddling with me
well since then (she was a week in a half)
she has to be held by someone to sleep
or be next to someone
is their any way to brake her of this??????????????

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she refuses to sleep in her crib
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Put her down in her crib as soon as she falls asleep on you. Start doing it now before she gets too used to only sleeping this way.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 5:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• or a bassinet or bouncer.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 5:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I always put my DD to be in her crib before she was asleep. I would rub her head and play soft music. She eventually went to sleep. If she cried, I just spoke to her softly. Do make sure she's well burped before putting her down though.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Yeah I agree my lo did that to so I just had to start putting my down right when he fell asleep and even though I was tired after the midnight feeding I had to put him in his own bed. After a few nights he finally got the idea that this was his bed. GL
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• You can try to put a shirt of your under her and a ticking clock near the crib, the sound and smell MIGHT make her think she is near you. This works for some babies but not all.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• that's a tough one. when i was pregnant, i swore we wouldn't sleep with the baby in our bed, and of course, what did we end up doing? ;-) hey, don't feel bad. we all just want our babies to sleep well, and whatever works, we do.

have you got, or can you get, a co-sleeper that hooks to the side of the bed? then you can have the baby nearby, and even reach in and touch her if she gets restless. but you can more easily transition her to her own crib because she's more used to her own sleep space. there are also little "nest" co-sleeper things that can go right in bed with you, but also keep the baby separate and safe. also, if she's a restless sleeper on her own, try swaddling if you haven't already. a lot of babies sleep much more soundly when swaddled.
    Mamastheword

Answer by Mamastheword at 6:17 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Realistically if you want real sleep this wont be easy. Im in the same boat... BUT, Try during the day to put her in the crib, and at night with you. This way she knows to sleep at night. It might take a while, but be persistant, let her cry. And eventually youll get her in the crib all the time. My 2 month old has been in my arms or on my bed since bith... MY BAD!!! She 2 month old and we're about 75% there. GL.
    luvMIIsk8rBoi

Answer by luvMIIsk8rBoi at 6:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My DD was / is the same way and she is 9 weeks old. But I found that she sleep much better in her own bed if I swaddle her up after a feeding and rock her or pat her bottom while in my arms for a few minutes and then when she first starts to doze I put her in her bed and she will fall back asleep easy cause she is swaddled. But if she isn't swaddle when she falls asleep in my arms and I put her down she will wake within minutes and start screaming for me to hold her again. Good luck.....this is a tough one to deal with cause all babies like different things.
    nlmorus06

Answer by nlmorus06 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I always just waited till they fell asleep then transferred them to the bed, unfortunately my now 2 year old son will wake during the transfer and will not go back to sleep in his bed so we are royally screwed because for the last 6 mos now he sleeps in the bed with us all night. You need to correct this before you end up in the same boat as us and now we have to work on it. Learn from my mistake and don't do it like that find some other way before it is too late.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2009