help me please!!!!!

any advice on how to get my 1 month old to sleep at all??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do you have a bedtime routine? this is highly recommended. Also try feeding him more through out the day. my ped told me the reason they wake to eat is b/c they are making up for the cals they didn't get during the day. I went from feeding every 4 hrs to on demand and by 2 mnts he started sleeping through the night. Also my pedi said if he is actually hungry he will feed the normal time but if he falls alseep shortly after latching then he just wants comfort. OH and to get him sleeping we did the ferber method only I modified it to better suite me (breaks my heart to hear him cry) He is now 6mnts old and eats 6oz of formula with rice then we change our diaper, say night to daddy, kisses and a quick prayer and then off to bed;all by 9pm and he sleeps until 8:30 to 9 am. HTH and GL
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• at 1 month, their sleep can be so all over the map. is your baby truly not sleeping at all, or just waking frequently?

are you breastfeeding? i know that the rich hind milk at the end usually made my baby zonk out, so if you are breastfeeding, one thing to do is make sure your baby is really emptying one breast before offering the other. swaddling at that age can be a huge help with sleep, too.
    Mamastheword

Answer by Mamastheword at 6:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Try to play some chill music, put them on you shoulder and rock and sing them to sleep. I dont mean lullabys, my daughters favorite is Stone temple Pilots. Shes 2 months, and it wors everytime. Also put a blanket on your chest so u can make a transition to a bed easier, plus not sweaty body heat. Change thier position too. My daughter only sleeps with noise. Let the whole cd play. GL. hope something helps.
    luvMIIsk8rBoi

Answer by luvMIIsk8rBoi at 6:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Swaddling and sleeping in her swing are the two things that worked for us. We had a colicky first baby and we had to do all sorts of crazy bounces and things to coax her to sleep. We had to hold her arms down (until we found the velcro swaddle blankets around 8 weeks which worked wonders), hold her pacifier in, and stroke her forehead between her eyes. We even sometimes had to physically close her eyes for her. Keep trying different things. A this age some babies really don't know how to sleep.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:03 AM on Mar. 15, 2009