misscariage

I went for my first ultra sound and got the unfortunate news that my babys dead=(
im 9 weeks but he said he would cal the doc the next day. My doc. was not in on friday and hes NEVER in on weekends so im going have to wait till monday to see if he wants to give me either a pill or a D&C is that even safe to go threw the whole weekend with a dead baby in me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• umm who told you the baby was deceased? if it was the ultrasound tech they are NOT supposed to tell you that information...Your doctor is supposed to.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 5:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• my ultra sound tech told me also i was bleeding it will be fine just wait for you dr to confirm it and most miscarriages will happen on their on as in they will come out on their own all 3 of mine did
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i'm sorry you had to go through that Mrs.Owens. I only said the Ultrasound Tech isnt not supposed to tell you because every tech I have when I ask a question would tell me by law we can not give you any information about the status of your ultrasound. Please ask your doctor all questions....I thought it was the same everywhere.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 6:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I had gone to to the dr and found out that I had lost the baby...It was the Wed before Thanksgiving so I had to go until Monday before the dr would do my D&C...And then with my last D&C they wanted to see if I would pass the baby on my own so we waited 2 days and then on the 3rd day he scheduled my D&C...So I think you will be just fine! I'm sorry to hear about your loss!
    jziegler

Answer by jziegler at 6:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I'm so so sorry! I hope your tech is wrong, I'm sure this weekend is going to be the longest in your life, and I wish there was some way to make it go faster for you!

Is there another Dr on call with your Dr's practice, because what if one of their patients went into labor or something, they would have to be able to get through to them then, right? Maybe you could contact them that way?

I'm so sorry :-(
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I had a non living baby inside of me for almost 8 weeks without even knowing. It wont do you any harm. I didn't get the advantage of having a pill or d&c... I had to pass everything on my own, and by myself.

I am very sorry for your loss. But if you start bleeding very heavily get your butt to ER immediately..!!
    Anonymous

• Wow honey im sorry. I just had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. It was so hard to go thorugh. I knew at the ultrasound that my baby had no heartbeat, which im sure is what happened to you. at 9 weeks with no heartbeat your ultrasound tech didnt have to say anything right? I'm sorry your going through this I know its hard. But you will be fine. I think it was four days after the baby had passed away that I have my d&c. Stay stong.
    Anonymous

• Also, before you do anything, taking a pill or having the d&c, ask for another ultrasound. Because they could have been wrong. I've heard of it happening.
    Anonymous