Sugar In Urine!!

i took my 7 month old to the E.R this morning. he was having a high fever, the doctor took a urine sample and came back to tell me that he has sugar in his urine. i asked him what would cause that and he didnt know. im really worried, i googled it and diabetes keep popping up. im hoping thats not the case. can someone tell me another reason why this is happening?!!

maxi169

Asked by maxi169 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Diabetes could very well be the case sorry to say mama. My husband is diabetic and that is how they test his sugars with urine samples at every doc visit and my hubby is insulin dependent. I would take the baby to your pediatrician and have them check the urine again and do a blood sample and see what comes back because if it is diabetes and it's not treated it can become very serious and cause other problems. I hope it's not diabetes for yours and baby's sack....I wish you the best and good luck sweetie!
    nlmorus06

Answer by nlmorus06 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2009