Sore after workouts

If I do a workout and I dont feel sore the nexr day does that mean its not working?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Hi,

I'm not an expert but my experience has been this: if I'm just starting out, the next couple days after I exercise my legs feel like bricks. Once I've been exercising reguarly, it no longer happens.

Sandy
    sandymcu

Answer by sandymcu at 6:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• No, it means the lactic acid is building up in your overexerted muscles. Once they are used to that much exertion, it goes away.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:02 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• no actually if you do feel sore the next day you are doing to much. my trainer told me on day one you should never feel sore the next day and if you do you need to cut the weight back some.
    Disneymom1218

Answer by Disneymom1218 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• not at all.
    Anonymous

• YES, THE LACTIC ACID BUILDUP IS PROBABLY THE REASON. I USE AN ENERGY BAR THAT KEEPS THIS FROM HAPPENING
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 12:22 AM on Mar. 16, 2009