• In the Spotlight:

Anyones DS have..

penile adhesions? my son had them and I feel like its my fault. But I am pretty sure that the doctor just did a crappy circumcision.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yep, mine did/does. I'm kinda wondering the same thing about the Dr that did his circ too. The day he told us about the adhesion, he said..did I do this circ. and we said yes. Then he proceeded to tell us how to "undo" the adhesion gradually. The Dr. said that it's more of a cosmetic thing anyway and that even if it stayed adhered it wouldn't damage anything. We got it as far back as we could. Sometimes I think it should still go back just a tad, but hubby says he think it looks okay.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• When we took our son the Er because he had this big puss filled thing on the foreskin, they said he had adheasions. Well they only pulled it back halfway and wouldnt do the rest. I would have thought they would have done it all. Beause when we got home he never once complained about it. So now when i push it back i can see half of it is still stuck. it really bothers me. we are going to find a new doctor.
    Anonymous

• My Son had one, and two different times. We almost sued until He healed up and hasn't had one for a year. Stupid doctors..Ours couldn't give me a straight answer as to why He had this. Pissed me off beyond words.
    irishstarz

Answer by irishstarz at 9:43 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• This is part of the reason I didn't circ because they can easily be done wrong and have major complications. That being said my nephew had adhesions and his were severe enough that at age 18 months he had to be recirced using anesthesia this time!! He still has issues to this day with pain and he is only 7 years old. i can't imagine what is going to happen when he starts having sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• Adhesion is a VERY common complication of circumcision. When a baby boy is circumcised the foreskin is forcibly separated from the glans (head of the penis) before it is crushed and cut off.  This creates a wound on the remaining foreskin and on the glans, and sometimes the two wounds heal together.  To prevent this, it is recommended to pull back the remaining foreskin a few times a day every day for at least the first year after the surgery (adhesion can occur even over a year after the circumcision). Unfortunately, many doctors neglect to mention this to parents yet are quick to push for more surgery to fix it.

sallymoon

Answer by sallymoon at 3:44 AM on Mar. 19, 2009