Has anyone read The Shack by Wm. Paul Young?

I just finished reading it and I enjoyed the way it portrayed God and His relationship to human beings and the world we live in. Anyone have any thoughts about it?

BJoan

Asked by BJoan at 6:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have read it and enjoyed it very much. I found that it really made me think about the attributes of God.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:50 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Yes I have read it. William Paul Young is an excellent author and speaker. I loved the book and re read it recently for a book club.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• No I haven't. should I?
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I read it last summer and it was one of my favorite books! It's sitting on my bookshelf along with Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers to be read again in the future.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I haven't read it but if you are interested in it there is some info about it on alwaysbeready.com

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:12 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• The only reason I am nervous about it, is that I am afraid people will base their faith in a fictional representation of God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I read it and I enjoyed it. I think it really helped me when I read it. I am fully aware that it is just a peice of fiction, but it still answered a lot of the questions that were going on in my mind. I know I should be able to find all the answers in the Bible, but sometimes you need someone to break it down a little more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I read it during Hurricane Ike. I loved it. One of the best books I've read,probably since the Left Behind series. I love that it shows us God does indeed want a close relationship with us,and really does have a sense of humor.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I am the original poster....I really enjoyed the book because it portrayed God in a way that is so compatible with how I already see God. I was afraid that there would be some people who would object to God being so "nice" and loving....and might even object to God's strong emphasis on free will. I liked how God said He didn't choose for bad things to happen to people, but He was always there and ready to use whatever happens for good purposes. The God portrayed in this book is inclusive and warm.... I would recommend this book to anyone who is open to that sort of image of God!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 12:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I agree with you BJoan. Its one of my favorite books!
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 7:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2009