pumping breast and still pregnant

Hi im 24 years old .Iam 29 weeks and 2 days pregnant Ihave been leaking colustrum every morning and after a shower I have my mind set yes want to breast feed and got me a breast pump yesturday . I was just wondering should i start pumping now so my milk will be ready for my son or should i just keep leaking and wait till he is here . I am a stay at home mom and the only time i will be pumping is when we go to the mall visit family friends ect and nurse when i am home with him . So what would u do wait or start pumping my ob doc said the colustrum looks good already . Idk I guess im getting excited lol. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I guess you could pump and freeze, but even if you don't your milk will come in just fine when your child is born. If you decide to pump now just make sure you adjust your nutritional intake to keep up with your health and the health of your child.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 7:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i know alot of people that start pumping that early just go get those breast milk bag things to save it
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:03 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• your milk doesn't come in till after the baby is born i would just wait
    Anonymous

• i would not do it
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• pumpimg could cause you to go into preterm labor
    smltwnmom

Answer by smltwnmom at 8:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2009