If your kid..

caused an accident of some sort that left you "horribly disfigured" would you treat them any differently?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would hope not but Im sure there would be some therapy needed for all concerned.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• probably not because i love my child unconditionally no matter what...but maybe it depends on their age
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 7:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I wouldn't think so. I am picturing various situations in my head and can't imagine treating my child very different. Especially if they are remorseful
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 7:33 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Well, my once flat tummy and my once perky ta tas still look pretty "disfigured" to me and I still love both my little guys :)
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 7:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• A mother's love is unconditional, therefore she could never look at her child differently for such a petty reason. And the way your body looks after you have a kid or kids has nothing to do with the kid/s..they didn't ask to be in there!
    irishstarz

Answer by irishstarz at 8:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I would hope not, but looking at myself in the mirror everyday and then seeing the person that did it to me would be hard to overcome on my own. Would I love my child, yes. I think we are still human and would have some sort of ill feelings toward that child, more so if it "the accident" was done on purpose.
    I am not talking about childbirth, I call those the joy of becoming a mommy
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:08 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I was making a little joke :) In reality, I think nothing of that at all. The fact that my wonderful body produced two whole, perfect beings and then nourished them afterward...that's nothing short of miraculous. My "scars" are just reminders that motherhood does not come easy and to always take my role seriously.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 8:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My few stretch marks are my Mommie Badge of Honor..anything disfiguring isn't going to change a thing about my love for my kid. Unless they meant to..I'd prob look at Him differently, but only in a WHY?! sort of way.
    irishstarz

Answer by irishstarz at 8:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Ladies she did not say stretch marks, or saggy boobs, she said "horribly disfigured" from an accident, like a fire, car wreck, chemical burns..those are examples of "horribly disfigured" not the ups and downs of being pregnant...there is a diffrence.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My kid left me disfigured. My gut had a huge butt in it. LOL, okay not so funny and yeah I could hide it under pants. But I always had it. No girdle would help it. So nope I don't hold it against the kid that did it to me. I love her.
    I guess she didn't really do it the doctor did it, I simply was just sick. And that is one of the signs of being unhealthy when delivery is by surgery.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2009