when ever i feed my DD...more info

after i burp her like 5 mins later she spits up
and its not just a little
its alot
i check her temp and it is fine
my dad says it normal but
after she spits up
she crys and crys no matter wut i do
im worried about her
anyone know y this happens??????
or some resons it could be happing???
she just turn 2 weeks today
iv feed her the same formula that the hospital gave her (i never produced milk)
i give her 2 ounces
also burp her half way through feeding her
i got a appt with her doc on the 24th
idk if this helps but she aint had a BM
for about 2 days i did not think anything of it
cuz my doc says that it is normal

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its normal, but I would try giving her 1 oz at a time, and maybe change her feeding position.
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 7:28 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• acid reflux maybe? you may have to change formula. How long did you wait for your milk to come in. It can take up to a week I believe, but usually NEVER comes in before 3 days. If you want to breastfeed its still possible, and bm is the gentlest tthing on you baby's tummy.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My DS did this. Ended up having to have surgery be cause he had a condition called pyloric stenosis. They told us it's more common in first born boys then in girls but it is possible and my son did the same thing. Take care of it now dont let it get out of hand like I did. It took us a month to figure it out because the pedi. I was taking him to then just told us it was a stomach virus and he lost a lot of weight. But seeing as she is a girl and like I said it's not nearly as common in girls as in boys.. Reflux is a big possiblity because reflux has some well most of the same symptoms at pyloric stenosis so they are both possible.They are both easily fix and handled. Pyloric stenosis is just a simply little surgery you can't even tell my son had it now.And reflux is handled with medication and cereal in the formula .She also may be allergic to her milk.Those things can develope later in life. And again easily handled.Good Luck
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My baby also had pyloric stenosis...scariest thing ever for a new mom, but very common and turned out well. Is it like projectile spit up...like it can reach a couple feet? The doctors told me that was a good indication of that. Or it could possibly be that the formula you are using isn't agreeing with your baby. I would talk about your concerns with your pedi, and if you still don't feel comfortable, I would seek another opinion. Good luck.
    happymom0724

Answer by happymom0724 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My son has acid reflux. Does she arch her back away from the bottle when you try to feed her? That's sometimes a sign of acid reflux. Try and prop her up for 30 minutes after she eats.

Here's a screening quiz that may help you out before you panic: http://heartburn.about.com/library/quizzes/bl_infantrefluxquiz.htm
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 4:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2009