how many poeple on here know their admendments and constitiutoinal rights be honest?

im 19 almost 20 and about to be a first time mom and i know mine front to back. i was in military school for 2 years though and you couldnt graduate if you didnt know this stuff hell thats all we learned about in history was about our goverment and how it works. and thats why im really upset about this gun perposal if we made a law for every time a couple hundred idoits broke the law knowingly we would have so many we might as well bring back the death sentance put the fear back into them are prisons are filling up and there realsing child malestors if they did it once they well do it again lets empty some prisons that way and by all means the crime rate well go back down cause there wont be no criminals left. to make all these stuiped laws about weapons

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i know i have the right to remain silent because anything said can and will be used against me in a court of law. i also know that i have the right to an attorney and if i cant afford one then one will be appointed to me. lol :D
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I do.
    Christy644

Answer by Christy644 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I do

trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 8:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• lol SThomson21 those are your Miranda Rights LOL .... I know my amendments
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:18 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i know my amendments but only b/c i did a year of JROTC & it was part of the final. i decided it was good info to retain, so its one of the few things i didnt flush outta my mind at graduation :D
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:20 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I do. I joined the military yrs ago to defend my country and the ideals it represents - which is the constitution. I feel it's important to know what those ideals and rights are, especially if I was going to defend them.

I'm no longer in the military, but my dh still is. Plus, even if I had never served, I think we have an obligation to know what our rights, and, therefore, what our responsibilities are as citizens of this country. (Or, for that matter, any citizen of any country - you should know what your rights are, what your obligations are, and what, if anything, you can do to change it for whatever country you're a citizen of.)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Um...we still have the death sentence and yes I know my rights and all of the amendments.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I pretty much took them for granted until the recent problem of Obama's people spending millions to block having his birth certificate revealed. At that point, I thought I had better really read it and quit expecting that the media was going to report truthfully when a news story had to do with any of the Constitutional sections ... guns, privacy, religion, speech, the ACTUAL LEGITIMATE powers of the government, etc.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 8:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• PLEASE rewrite thisquestion using spell check and proper punctuation so I can READ it? It sounds vaguely interesting but I can't read it.
    Anonymous

• lol anon 9:29 get real it isn't that bad.I had no problems reading it.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2009