What have you done to help cut the bills during these tough times?

kboney29

Asked by kboney29 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• we use this great food service called shop at home foods. they cut our grocery bill by a third
    We also shop consignment and clearance a lot more now.
    turning off lights more and using electricity for heat (stove, dryer, etc) instead of oil which is much more expensive
    I don't drive unless I have to anymore, and when I'm at work I use THEIR car.
    cloth diapers and makng my own baby food really cuts back the baby expenses. So does switching to whole milk although the vitamins are still expensive- totally worth it tho!
    Im sure there's more but I'm braindead at the moment and going to bed!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Coupons, make our own coffee, put on more sweats and blankets to keep the heating bill down, carpool, make lunches, plan our meals, not go out.
    Anonymous

• Well, I haven't really had to do anything different than always. I did start a web site that is aimed at helping every mother finacially. Weather you want to make more or save more money there is some great stuff there and more to come soon! The site is still a baby but growing every day!
    www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

As for me, I work from home and my hubby did start to car pool. But other than that, not much. My business allows me to make more money when I need it by talking to more people and getting them all signed up... But we were always really good at sticking to a budget.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:02 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I started cutting back, but realized I didn't really need too. It's not that we have tons of money, I just stopped spending it on a daily basis on stuff we didn't need. Plus, I started giving away all the stuff we didn't need. I created a website, listed all the items and the more we give away it seems the more money we have to spend. Everything is free, people just pay the postage per pound and I ship everything out on Mondays. It's easy, we are getting rid of the stuff we don't need and now companies want to pay me for it. I have a hatchback full of stuff I need to get in and photograph. I should probably get to that. But you can check it out if you like http://stuckathomemom.com/freestuff/ I was pretty much wiped out with my last ad campaign, but I'll have more stuff soon.

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 11:01 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Thankfully I have not had to but if I did I would use coupons and not eat out as much.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Nothing. There's no need.
    Anonymous